The deadline for churches to log your carbon emissions for 2022 using the Energy Footprint Tool (EFT) has been extended until 31st August 2023.
Thank you to those churches who have already completed your EFT - providing this baseline data is vital to our commitment to Net-Zero Carbon 2030.
For those who haven’t yet filled out the survey, we’ve produced this step-by-step video guide with Phil Leigh, Net-Zero Carbon Programme Lead for our diocese, to help make the process as easy as possible:
Please find below the links to download two useful documents that are referred to in the video.
- Download the ‘Energy Footprint Tool’ Word document’
- Download the written ‘Energy Footprint Tool Instructions pdf’
Please note that despite the National Church of England’s extension of the deadline to August 31 for 2023, we encourage you to start the task as early as possible.
On completion of the survey, you will receive your carbon emissions figures and your energy efficiency score, as well as tips to help you save energy and money.
Not only does the EFT help churches gain a better understanding of their energy use and track it year-by-year, it also enables our diocese and the wider church to strategically allocate resources as we support churches to reduce our impact on the environment.
Some further useful links:
- Log in to access your EFT via the Online Parish Returns system: Parish Returns Online (churchofengland.org) (the same system used for Statistics for Mission and Return of Parish Finance).
- You can find further Net-Zero Carbon resources on our Diocese of Liverpool shared Knowledge Platform, hosted by our project delivery partners Faiths4Change, here: NZC2030 Knowledge Platform (faiths4change.org.uk) and here: Net Zero Carbon 2030 Resources (padlet.com)
- For further information and guidance on how to complete the EFT please also see the main Church of England website: Energy Footprint Tool | The Church of England