Welcome to our pages about the Diocese of Liverpool
The Diocese of Liverpool covers a varied geographical area that stretches from Southport to Widnes, North Warrington to Wigan. It covers a large part of the Liverpool City Region. The administrative centre of the diocese is at St James House by Liverpool Cathedral with whom we have strong links.
On these pages you can find
- more information about diocesan structures and governance
- how to contact us or make a complaint
- how to Find a Church Near You
- think about the events in your life
We hope these pages help but if you can't find what you need then email email@example.com for more support and advice.
The diocese was formed in 1880 from part of the Diocese of Chester.
The Diocese of Liverpool includes:
- The Bishop of Liverpool and
- The Bishop of Warrington
- Sefton and Knowsley
- St Helens and Warrington
- Wigan and West Lancashire
- c. 250 parishes - find your local parish here
- c. 275 clergy
- c. 275 readers
- c. 100 retired clergy active in ministry
- c. 50,000 church members
- c. 120 church schools
- c. 30,000 children attending church schools
- Liverpool Cathedral, St James Mount, Liverpool L1 7AZ
- St James House, 20 St James Rd, Liverpool L1 7BY