We recognise the biggest concern is over bureaucracy. We know that people accept that some elements are necessary. We have to comply with the law. We need to have statistical information. We can appear to ask parishes for a great deal of information.
But we only ask you for the information that we are:
Whatever the reason for collecting the information we will always be clear:
Required to collect by external bodies (eg. national church, Charity Commission)
Confident will help parishes make good and informed choices into the future
Why we are collecting the information
How and when we will give you the information back in a user-friendly format
This applies to the information we will generally ask of a parish and not the information we need for individuals to support their ministry and vocations. And we will manage all information responsibly in accordance with all relevant data legislation.
The information we need
Statistics for Mission
– These are required by national church and are collected by the end of January. Some statistics can be filled in online from Easter onwards. Your Attendance Dashboards will reflect this information and enable you to assess the missional health of your parish.
– We collect these every quarter and need them for your Attendance dashboards.
Annual Report and Accounts and Return of Parish Finance
– the report and accounts are Charity Commission and Church Representation Rules requirements and collected following the Annual Parochial Church Meeting.
The Return of Parish Finance is required by the national church. Your finance dashboard reflects this information and allows you to assess the financial health of your parish.
Quinquennial Review Form
– We need to know and understand the building challenges we are facing.
– These are legal, regulatory and any other information required by the archdeacons.
Archdeacon’s Parish Reviews
– The archdeacons are required to examine certain legal and regulatory information on a regular basis. This, together with the information above and additional information on church life collected for the review, enables an informed discussion between the Archdeacon and parish officers on the mission, ministry and future strategy for the parish.
Parish officer information
– We collect this so we can better serve and advise for your parish and make it easier for you in your role.
- We need information about adherence to best practice in this important area for the church.